İstanbul Bilgi Üniversitesi Bankacılık ve Finans Bölümü Öğretim Üyesi
Araştırma alanları: KOBİ, Risk Yönetimi, Döviz kuru, Piyasalararası İlişki
9/ 1995-12/2000 Drexel University, Philadelphia PA Ph.D. in Finance, specializing in International Finance,GPA 3.83/4.00
9/ 1995-12/2000 University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA Pursued Ph.D. courses in Finance and Econometrics, 21 credit hours
10/1994-8/1995 Drexel University, Philadelphia PA M.S. in Finance, GPA 3.87/4.00
11/1993-5/1994 Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago IL MBA in Finance, 12 credit hours
9/1986-5/1991 Boğaziçi Üniversitesi, Istanbul, Türkiye B.S. in Business Administration, specializing in Finance
Ph.D. Dissertation: “International asset pricing and exchange rate risk: Theoretical exposition, numerical analysis, and empirical investigation under integrated and frictional capital markets.‟, Drexel University, 2000
10/2006- İstanbul Bilgi Üniversitesi, Assistant Professor Teaching Risk Management and Statistics
10/2005-10/2006 Part-time instructor
10/2004-9/2005 Zonguldak Karaelmas Üniversitesi, Çaycuma İ.İ.B.F. İşletme Bölümü Assistant Professor Taught Risk Management and Derivatives
10/2003-10/2004 Kocaeli Universitesi Gebze Meslek Yuksek Okulu Assistant Professor Taught Financial Statement Analysis, International Finance, International Trade Financing
10/2002-10/2003 Kocaeli Üniversitesi İ.İ.B.F. İşletme Bölümü Assistant Professor Taught Project Planning
02/2001-01/2002 Zonguldak Karaelmas Üniversitesi, Çaycuma İ.İ.B.F. İşletme Bölümü Assistant Professor Taught Financial Management, Business English 9/2000-12/2000 Drexel University, Finance Department Instructor of Capital Budgeting,
5/2000-7/2000 Drexel University, Finance Department Instructor of International Finance
1/1998-8/1998 Drexel University, Finance Department Instructor of Financial Management
8/1991-8/1993 Eskişehir Bankası T.A.Ş., Istanbul, Türkiye Assistant Expert in Accounting and Financial Control Department Prepared projected and actual budgets and cost distribution tables, controlled the accounting of other departments.
Publications and Proceedings:
– “The impact of exchange rate risk on International Asset Pricing under various market structures” Review of Quantitative &Financial Accounting, 32:169-195, 2009
– “Does foreign investment improve the productivity of firms in Turkey?”, Proceedings of 9th ISINI Conference, Managing Global Changes and Challenges, George Bacovia University, Bacau,Romania, 22-26 August 2007
– “Kobi‟lerin finansmanı ve finansal sorunları: Zonguldak örneği” with Yrd. Doç. Dr. Yasemin Köse. İktisat/İşletme ve Finans Dergisi, No. 218, Mayıs 2004, 111-124.
Presentations and Working Papers:
-“Perspectives of Turkish Banks on Basel II” with Evren Hoşgör & Tarık Erhan Göztepe, International Conference on Financial Innovations and Change For Survival and GrowthFINCON, January 7-8 2011,
– “International Asset Pricing & Currency Risk Premia & Integration of Markets” Emerging Markets Finance and Economics Conference, Bilgi University, İstanbul, September 6-8 2006.
– “The impact of exchange rate risk on International Asset Pricing under various market structures” Eleventh Annual Conference of Multinational Finance Society on July 3-8 2004.
– “Does foreign investment improve the productivity of firms in Turkey?”, VII. Uluslararası Ekonomi Kongresi, ODTÜ, Ankara, 6-9 Eylül 2003
-“SME‟s financial problems: Zonguldak sample” with assistant professor Yasemin Köse, The First Annual International SME-2002 Conference, Eastern Mediterranean University, Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus, 3-4 January 2002.
– “International asset pricing with real exchange rate and investment” , 18th International Conference in Finance, University of Namur, Belgium, June 2001
– Welfare gains on financial market integration: A numerical study on European Integration, working paper.
1992 Awarded a scholarship for graduate studies from Higher Education Council of Türkiye (YÖK)